Post your boards (Pictures or GTFO)

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 87888990>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post your boards (Pictures or GTFO)
    Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Muse25

Originally posted by LaNieve

^^ You must really like the Burton Escapades Muse25, how are they?
I was pretty keen on them but the last time I was on the hunt I was too poor.. haha I may try get one next time though, have you had any problems with them?

Awww! You must be so proud! He looks like a mini pro the way he holds his board

Oh man, I love them! Super responsive, almost effortless. The only problem I have (with the non EST escapades) was the toe strap would sometimes not stay put but when it eventually conformed to my boot it didn't do it as much. Maybe 1 out of 8 times. I'm going to upgrade to the "get a grip capstraps" I hear it eliminates that problem altogether.
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 4:35pm
[QUOTE=Muse25] [QUOTE=Muse25] [QUOTE=LaNieve] ^^ You must really like the Burton Escapades Muse25, how are they?
I was pretty keen on them but the last time I was on the hunt I was too poor.. haha I may try get one next time though, have you had any problems with them? [QUOTE=LaNieve]

Oh man, I love them! Super responsive, almost effortless. The only problem I have (with the non EST escapades) was the toe strap would sometimes not stay put but when it eventually conformed to my boot it didn't do it as much. Maybe 1 out of 8 times. I'm going to upgrade to the "get a grip capstraps" I hear it eliminates that problem altogether.
LaNieve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote LaNieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 6:12pm

Sweet cheers for the reply!
Yeah I had the same kind of problem with the toe strap not staying in one spot with my Burton Lexa bindings as well but it doesnt really seem to affect the riding
hish911 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote hish911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2013 at 4:22pm
ughhh its not letting me post my board
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 5:18am
Originally posted by hish911

ughhh its not letting me post my board

Maybe try using photobucket to post?
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 11:02am
Thrive Renegade 154 @ Northstar
Soft View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Soft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 11:39am

Academy propoganda 2012, 155cm
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by lightning80

What do you think about the Thrive boards? What would you compare them to?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 1:02pm

Originally posted by lightning80

What do you think about the Thrive boards? What would you compare them to?

It's a very well made board and rides like nothing I've had before. I've taken it through early season slush and rain, powder in the kirkwood sidecountry, and groomed runs in the blacks and blues. And it has handled all the conditions. I get plenty of grip from the cambered turnind edge but the reversed camber center keeps the board playful. I'm loving the board and would recommend it to everyone. I can't comment on how it is in the park because I don't go there...
Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Scorer099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 5:50pm
Most average riders would find the Renegade a tad stiff for jibbing unless they size down. For me the Renegade is a perfect flex for jibbing and jumps extremely well. 
I'm just here to look cool...

www.angrysnowboarder.com
Chrischilla View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Chrischilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2013 at 5:35pm
The physical essence of smooth; this board was $170.
Back side is Army green, matches my jacket :)
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 6:00am
Left to right:  Lib Tech T.Rice Pro Model 157, Sierra Stunt 159w, Lib Tech Skunk Ape 157, Sierra Reverse Crew Directional 160w

The T.Rice just became mine this season. Well...technically it's belongs to a friend of mine, but he really doesn't ride anymore, so he is letting me "borrow" it indefinitely. Got to ride it for the first time last week and by far it's my fav in my quiver. I went on about it in the captains log, but gotdayum I love camber and can't believe I went so long without it.

I do love the skunk ape though, as it has treated me well, but I see myself riding that T.Rice a ton this year. The old lady told me she is going to buy me a board this week, so I'm probably going to pick up a Ride DH from my local shop in a few days!

rhcpclassic View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
First day of the 2012/13 season

Quote rhcpclassic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 2:18pm
Hey batmanwest I think you have too many boards. If you need someone to store them indefinitely--hit me up
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by rhcpclassic

Hey batmanwest I think you have too many boards. If you need someone to store them indefinitely--hit me up

Dunno if I have too many boards. You should see the quivers of some of the dudes on here, puts my little one to shame.

In fairness, I only paid for two of the four....
woodhomie1996 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 5:19am
Not mine but selling my friend this Drake Empire with Drake King binders
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 7:46am
Updated my quiver! Woohoo! 

L-R
2010 Sierra Stunt 155 + 2009 Ride Beta MVMNT
2013 Thrive Renegade 154 + 2012 Union Force SL
2010 Burton Vapor 157 + 2010 Burton C60 EST

JOIN ME @ THRIVE SNOWBOARDS! http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/120169
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 8:07am
FJ5: i like how you have no stickers on the thrive renegade, but have thrive stickers on the other boards. Clap
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 8:10am
^ haha, yeah man, the detail work on the black on the Renegade is too nice to cover up.  Honestly, I didn't like the graphics at first when I saw it on the website but after it arrived, I started to like it a bit.  Just a bit. LOL  Mine has the white base with green letters... which was a surprise to me because I didn't realize there were two kinds.  I actually like it over the green base white letters.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 10:39am

This arrived today...never thought I would buy a reverse rockered board but rode this a couple weekends ago at Burton demo at N* and loved it...crazy how stable it is for a rockered board.
saxyyam View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote saxyyam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 3:06pm
just picked up last years burton custom for, i kid you not, $74.99 at Dicks Sporting Goods. The bindings were on sale for $104 or something also.

before i mounted her:

after stickered, mounted and on the wall:

i kind of like it with the boots in:
rosati777 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 4:00pm
Wait no way! I just checked at my local dicks after you said that and they only had this years board Disapprove
saxyyam View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote saxyyam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 4:42pm
The receipt isn't that clear... Because everything's written in code. But it was on clearance for $150 and then they had a "take an extra 50% off clearance" sale that I'm pretty sure is still going on

mbesp View Drop Down
Local
Local
Hello

Quote mbesp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 5:06am
Saxy, you cleaned up with that set up.  That is crazy cheap.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 5:41am
Originally posted by saxyyam

The receipt isn't that clear... Because everything's written in code. But it was on clearance for $150 and then they had a "take an extra 50% off clearance" sale that I'm pretty sure is still going on

oh damn, gatorade's on sale! but seriously, i didnt know about dicks clearance sale going on. I know Sport chalet has 2 ride boards (the agenda and something else) at 50% off right now. time to stop by Dick's instead.
mallorysvz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Finally on the mountains!

Quote mallorysvz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 12:38pm
Me riding - does that count??? http://vimeo.com/58470706 Gimmee some votes if you like the vid - link in the description. :))
525polaris10 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote 525polaris10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2013 at 11:42am
How can I post a pic from an iPhone. It's tellin me the file is too big. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 4:18am
(L to R)11/12 Stepchild Latchkey with 10/11 Drake ltd Reload's
12/13 Drake Lowdown with Drake ltd Fifty's
525polaris10 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote 525polaris10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 7:13am

here is a couple at my house, the rest are on loaner/rental or in the garage.
burton love=retired, stepchild jibstick=retired, burton hate v rocker=still in the circuit, capita ultrafear fk=smaller park board, ride profile=retired, burton chopper=retired
SnowDiesel View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SnowDiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 8:02am
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
HUMP ALL SNOW!!

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 5:35pm

Waxed my boards, mounted my bindings.
Note that my SF45 are mounted backwards-- I'm normally goofy. I'm riding my freeride/carving board switch for the entire season.
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2013 at 6:59am
Using some stickers to "fix" some cracks in my vrocker, I believe I've created the best sticker collage ever:

Sticker collage

-b
get bent
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 1:11pm
Ultra Rare NEVER SUMMER!!!

Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 1:55pm
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 2:41pm
where did you get the snow trooper NS? never even heard about that?  

and to not get hit with spam, here is Shelly (NS Evo) with her Kiroro board condom 

-zakk

Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by zakk

where did you get the snow trooper NS? never even heard about that?  

and to not get hit with spam, here is Shelly (NS Evo) with her Kiroro board condom 

LOL!!! Sweet board condem. LOL! It is a custom made (maiden) Never Summer Snow Trooper (the deck pictured in the previous post) only 3 of them exist.
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by saxyyam

just picked up last years burton custom for, i kid you not, $74.99 at Dicks Sporting Goods. The bindings were on sale for $104 or something also.

before i mounted her:

after stickered, mounted and on the wall:

i kind of like it with the boots in:

its a kids board mind you. hence its not est
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
HUMP ALL SNOW!!

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 5:37pm
Asymmetrical highbacks can no longer compensate for my wide binding angles, so I must rotate the highback. Right now, they are near maximum rotation:

With this amount of rotation, the highback no longer folds neatly.

In other news, my SF45 '12 baseplate has cracked

Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2013 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Lux

Asymmetrical highbacks can no longer compensate for my wide binding angles, so I must rotate the highback. Right now, they are near maximum rotation:

With this amount of rotation, the highback no longer folds neatly.

In other news, my SF45 '12 baseplate has cracked

According to the Flux website the base plates have a lifetime warranty. So you should be in luck & can get them replaced via the manufacturer. Hit them up at: http://www.flux-bindings.com/20122013/en/index.html
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2013 at 9:59am
The newest addition to my quiver... this is now my FUN setup!

2013 DC Ply 150.5
2013 Burton Malavita Restricted (with Cartel toe caps)

Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 7:15am
Finally busting out the pow decks this year . . . hope we get to put some vertical on these next week in BC.  Waxing party tonight

pow decks

-b
get bent
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 10:11am
Hey b!
That a venture board on the left??
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 10:12am
^^^ hells yeah my wife rips on the storm split 152/24ww.  It's bomber

-b
get bent
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 10:15am
Yea... trying to get the gf into the backcountry... 
need to get her a beacon before a split...

How does the storm handle spring conditions? chop?
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 10:49am
I'm told it is extremely solid and predictable everywhere (Ventures are relatively heavy and damp and this is no exception) and floats well in pow.  It is not a freestyle board.  It's a flat camber, which in addition to the ride is supposed to be great for touring because it allows the entire ski/skin to touch the ground at the same time (as opposed to my c2btx trice where most of the ski can be up in the air at times.  She loves it, for sure

-b
get bent
playswithfire View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote playswithfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 12:15pm
Hey guys... I been out of the snowboarding scene for about 12 years... something about having a family and just not having disposable income to spend on myself. Last time I went was in 2000, a day trip where I got about 5hrs on the slopes :)

The urge to go has been calling and calling me and I've finally decided to listen to it. I've also bought my new board - i found it brand new on ebay for $150 and as I wanted this as a skateboard design nearly 25 years ago I couldn't let it get away :)

Now I'm trying to sort out some bindings through TruSnow and i'm gonna be set for July/August when me and some mates head up to the slopes. Can't wait!!! :)
Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2013 at 5:14pm
http://thench.com/garage/
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2013 at 9:17am
My quiver, too bad my season is over.
(L to R) 159 Drake Green Battle (10\11), 157 Drake Team (13\14) and 154 Drake DF2 (12\13)
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
HUMP ALL SNOW!!

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 6:50am

Just set up my gear with my buddy. He's just starting to snowboard. Chalk one up for another Flux rider LOL

K2 WWW Rocker 147 '12
Flux RK30 '13
Stance: +15°/-15°, 52 cm

Rome Artifact Rocker 153 '13
Flux DS30 '13
Stance: +21°/-21°, 62 cm
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 2:34am
Bought some neon yellow vinyl to cover up my 154 Thrive Renegade (wasn't a big fan of the original artwork) and used up pretty much the rest of my stickers.

Stickered up my 150.5 DC Ply too and cleared away most of the stickers from my 157 Burton Vapor.

2013 DC Ply 150.5
2010 Burton Vapor 157
2013 Thrive Renegade 154

aakashsinghal View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote aakashsinghal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2013 at 5:37am
DAYUM.. mine isn't worthy enough to be posted =P
FML time to get a new board I guess..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 87888990>