Concerts Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 5>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dlaw View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Concerts Thread
    Posted: May/21/2009 at 6:40am
Originally posted by Mattymo

First off, Blazed and confused tour, I will be there Zag.
Secondly, I got the biggest thrill and let down of my life yesterday. The Facebook application "iLike" told me there was a concert at the comcast center on august 3rd , with Coldplay, Pearl Jam, The Police, Two band I've never hear of and the RED HOT FREAKING CHILIPEPPERS. I nearly shat my pants, called the venue, and the girl on the phone laughed cause she got the same notification. Then she laughed, telling me it was just Coldplay, and not worth coming to.

haha damn, what a tease. 
311 is going to be at the Comcast Center, i think i'm going to check that out.  Blink with Weezer are also suppose to be there on Aug. 2, definitely want to go to that too. 
WarriorOfRadness View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
thursday night shred fest!!

Quote WarriorOfRadness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2009 at 7:20am
Originally posted by zagfan5

blazed and confused tour! slightly stoopid and snoop! gonna be so epic

I wanna go to this!!!! 
I wear dudes pants
Phatman View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote Phatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2009 at 7:28am
I just saw 2 days of the Jager Music Tour w/ The Supervillains, Authority Zero, Pepper, and Pennywise.

Watched Pennywise close their set with BroHymm from the side of the stage, and it was one of the best concert experiences I've ever had. I've been listening to those guys for something like 16-17 years

Might go see 311
A thermos keeps hot stuff hot, and cold stuff cold.....BUT HOW DOES IT KNOW???
anton View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2009 at 7:30am
I'm going to Staind/Shinedown/Chevelle this summer. Gonna be a blast.
Flying DutchMan View Drop Down
WHAT!!

Quote Flying DutchMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2009 at 7:43am
No one has been to bamboozle! man thats a crazy crazy 2 day event! best ive ever been to it was insane saw like 30 bands, linkin park cancert at the end was NUTS! ill try to find a pic that was taken of the crowd it was unbelievable.

I do prefer smaller concerts though, ones were i can watch the band and enjot the show

Ive been to to many concerts to list i can't remember them all but RJA is an awesome band to watch live and if anyone knows of Moneen there insane too.
xxsweet_jen24xx View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2009 at 10:19am
Tonight I am seeing Taking Back Sunday, Anberlin, and Envy on the Coast. I just randomly stumbled upon it yesterday, so me and my friend Lacy decided to go. I listen to a LOT of Anberlin when I ride, so I'm kind of excited about it.

Plus I found out yesterday that Blink 182 is playing here in August with Fall Out Boy and Panic at the Disco, so I will definitely be going to that just to see Blink. I hear FOB sucks live, but oh well.

I'm on the fence about going to Warped Tour in July. I went two years ago and it was so miserably hot that we ended up leaving halfway through. I might go simply because it is on a Tuesday and I won't have to take off work. Depends on how hot it is supposed to be. If it is supposed to be over 100 degrees in the shade again this year, I probably won't go.
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2009 at 10:38am
I might go see Les Claypool in July.
snowball4 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote snowball4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2009 at 10:45am
Telluride Bluegrass Festival!!!!  
hisnameisdre View Drop Down
Local
Local
Magic Bullet

Quote hisnameisdre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2009 at 2:44am
Originally posted by dimm0k

How was MGMT live?  Couldn't really get into them save for three songs off their album.

I thought they were good.  At the time they weren't well known so none of my friends were paying attention, and I only knew 2 of their songs.
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2009 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by WarriorOfRadness

Originally posted by zagfan5

blazed and confused tour! slightly stoopid and snoop! gonna be so epic

I wanna go to this!!!! 

July 11th - Irvine, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater

July 12th - Santa Barbara, CA - Santa Barbara Bowl

those are the two closest to you.
Camber Is The New Rocker.
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2009 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by xxsweet_jen24xx

Tonight I am seeing Taking Back Sunday, Anberlin, and Envy on the Coast. I just randomly stumbled upon it yesterday, so me and my friend Lacy decided to go. I listen to a LOT of Anberlin when I ride, so I'm kind of excited about it.

Plus I found out yesterday that Blink 182 is playing here in August with Fall Out Boy and Panic at the Disco, so I will definitely be going to that just to see Blink. I hear FOB sucks live, but oh well.

I'm on the fence about going to Warped Tour in July. I went two years ago and it was so miserably hot that we ended up leaving halfway through. I might go simply because it is on a Tuesday and I won't have to take off work. Depends on how hot it is supposed to be. If it is supposed to be over 100 degrees in the shade again this year, I probably won't go.

Turns out, we are going to see Blink in Cuyahoga Falls, OH instead so that we can see them with Weezer and Taking Back Sunday. I would much rather see Weezer and TBS than FOB and Panic. I have absolutely no desire to see either of those two bands.
bsimon2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bsimon2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2009 at 12:59pm

Turns out, we are going to see Blink in Cuyahoga Falls, OH instead so that we can see them with Weezer and Taking Back Sunday. I would much rather see Weezer and TBS than FOB and Panic. I have absolutely no desire to see either of those two bands.

Good choice.  Weezer FTW!
jonl89 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jonl89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2009 at 3:14pm
Maybe DMB or Warped Tour
icymallard View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote icymallard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2009 at 1:49pm
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2009 at 12:07pm
wow. blazed and confused was awesome. marley, avalon, stoopid, snoop, all killed it

snoops set was possibly the best set i've seen live. either that or i was so blazed by his set (last set) it sounded amazing haha

either way, shit was off. everyone was trippin, drunk, or blazed
Mike.M View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
OUTSIDE MY DECK

Quote Mike.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2009 at 12:14pm
just saw snoop last week and es is OG tripple OG
K8sgotgame View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote K8sgotgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2009 at 3:27pm
I'm going to hit up a springsteen show in august.
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2009 at 3:31pm
Mayhem Fest is Saturday!!! I can't wait!!!
Local
Local
Magic Bullet

Quote hisnameisdre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2009 at 3:08am

Mayhem Fest is Saturday!!! I can't wait!!!

I really wanted to check out Mayhem Fest, but it falls on a Wednesday in my area...and I can't make it.  It looks like it's gonna be a good show.

So far I've only been to a Styx/REO concert this year, and I didn't really go to that one because I'm a fan.  I might check out Cruefest later on this year too.
bsimon2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bsimon2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2009 at 4:19am
Sonic Youth played in St. Louis...under the Arch...for free on Friday night. 
openwheelracing View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote openwheelracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2009 at 5:12am
We went to see Coldplay last night in Irvine. Fantastic show. I would definitely see them again.
Jubesr6 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jubesr6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2009 at 6:15am

Saw Rage about 10 years ago. Def the best concert I have been too.

MiguelMas View Drop Down
Local
Local
Old man Migs

Quote MiguelMas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2009 at 6:28am
Clash of the Titans
Slayer
Megadeth
Anthrax
Alice in Chains(why?)

S.F. Cow Palace 5/26/1991

snowfab View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Brighton sunset.

Quote snowfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2009 at 8:23am
what i have seen this year:

Bob Dylan

The Dead

Sci 

Pretty lights 

Big gigantic 

STS9

Nas and D marley

basicly every one that was at ROTHBURY

Gogol Bordello

the list goes on and on for a long wile
dirtysouth View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2009 at 9:10am
Probably the best concert I've been to was the last Rage Against the Machine show.  I caught it in San fran.  It was either there very last show or next to last show, i forget.  Public Enemy was there.  It was freaking awesome.
LisaM View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote LisaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2009 at 9:16am
Originally posted by LisaM

i just saw JT (Justin Timberlake for those not in the know) in concert in San Francisco a few weeks ago, and can i say "he brung it?"  i'm swooning.

I would never post this.

This would be the work of Jared.

Mike.M View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
OUTSIDE MY DECK

Quote Mike.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2009 at 9:45am
Sickest Micro Phone EVER!

zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2009 at 9:49am
^^^YES! haha as soon as he pulled that out we all laughed. its so rad tho!

and the guy that sung the slow song was funny. i wont ruin it for anyone who is still gonna see it, but it was so damn funny
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2009 at 9:53am
Seeing Social Distortion August 4.
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2009 at 9:58am
^^theyre gonna be in seattle, i wanna head over for the show. looks sick
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2009 at 1:44pm
Mayhem Fest was last night, and it was great! Because of how it was set up, you kind of had to pick and choose who you wanted to see, though. So I stuck with the Jagermeister stage and saw God Forbid, All That Remains, and Trivium to start with, which meant I missed out on everyone at the Hot Topic stage, because I didn't want to go back and forth between them. Then on the main stage was Bullet For My Valentine, Killswitch Engage, Slayer, and Marilyn Manson.

My favorite was probably All That Remains, I started out somewhere in the middle of the crowd when they came out, and by the 2nd song I had somehow made my way to the very front without even trying because everyone kept pushing me forward, lol. I was a little dissapointed with Bullet this time around. They played awesome, but it just wasn't the same as seeing them in a small venue like I did the first time. Killswitch was amazing, as always. It was the third time I had seen them, but it was the first time I got to see them with Adam D. The first two times I saw them, he was out because of back surgery, I believe. He absolutely stole the show. He's insane.

Anyways, here are a couple of pictures of All That Remains. They were the only ones I was close enough to get good pictures of, because I crowd surfed out during their last song and I didn't feel like fighting my way back up for Trivium, and at the main stage there were assigned seating and I was about a third of the way up, so the pictures from there weren't very good.

Where I started out:

Where I ended up:

Nater43 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Nater43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2009 at 2:17pm
I've been to a few concerts so far, but I have many planned for the end of this year and next year.

The ones I've been to are:

2007 Projekt Revolution
2008 Silverstein tour w/ Blessthefall, A Static Lullaby, & Before Their Eyes
2009 Warped Tour
| Boards: '08 Burton Custom 156 | Boots: '08 Burton Freestyle | Bindings: '09 Burton Missions |
               '10 Reverse Crew 155
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2009 at 3:29pm
haha that guy looks like jeff hardy lol.

Rock the Bells is looking to be vicious though.. but i cant really enjoy concerts unless im really close up to the stage..
badandy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote badandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2009 at 3:55pm
Got my tix for tool this saturday in jersey
Local
Local
Magic Bullet

Quote hisnameisdre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2009 at 6:51am
at the end of August I'm gonna go to virgin mobile fest w/ weezer, blink 182 and alot of other bands...really looking forward to that
choi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote choi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2009 at 9:32pm
i just got back from seeing green day at msg.  they put on the most amazing show ive seen yet.
birdy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote birdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2009 at 9:51pm
trying to get tickets for AC/DC, haven't got through yet
jodds68 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jodds68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2009 at 5:05am
sorta off topic but i wanna go to blink concert!!!!!!!!!!
snowboarding mastermind
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2009 at 6:01am
Originally posted by jodds68

sorta off topic but i wanna go to blink concert!!!!!!!!!!

Then go. I've already got my tickets to see them in September.
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2009 at 11:01pm
just got back from kottonmouth kings and swollen members concert. it was sick!

C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2009 at 8:54pm
I got to see Unearth (and Full Blown Chaos) in a 200 person max club in my hometown tonight. It was good to see a bigger band on a more personal level. Good show.

I break balls.
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2009 at 8:57pm
went to warped this weekend. lots of fun. awesome party both nights.
ThaScarecro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Advice Dog says...

Quote ThaScarecro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2009 at 8:52am
righton zagfan.  I aw KMK and tech n9ne last year and it was off da chain.   Saw tech twice last year actually. saw metallica in portland too.

On saturday ill be going to UFC 102. FLOOR SEATS!

Oh and on the 12th i go see blink and  weezer in sacramento at the sleep train amphitheatre.
c.loc View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote c.loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2009 at 1:39pm
well havnt been to one since warped tour, but Every Time I Die is on tour and coming soon with Bring me the horizon and oh, sleeper. i cant wait.
Make it rain.
Local
Local
Magic Bullet

Quote hisnameisdre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2009 at 6:14am
I'm really excited now for Virgin Mobile Festival this weekend...I got my tickets 2 months ago and its finally here:
Blink 182, Weezer, Franz Ferdinand, Jet, Public Enemy, Taking Back Sunday...and other

I also just bought tickets to Cruefest 2 days ago, I wasn't going to go...but I couldn't pass up the $10 tickets
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2009 at 11:00am
I really want to see the Reverend Horton Heat with Motorhead in Boston next week. I really don't want to drive to Boston though.
Ty Phi View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
You devil, you

Quote Ty Phi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2009 at 10:11pm
I'm getting pumped about the Blink shows in ATL and Charlotte. I might be going to both..
I shop at Sierra Snowboard Ski & Patio.
Local
Local
Magic Bullet

Quote hisnameisdre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2009 at 3:14am
I saw Blink last week and they were really good...and not just the generically "really good" response that everybody gives after going to any concert, but I truly enjoyed their show.  They were great live and it was one of the best times I've had at a concert in a while.
Weezer also played and they were average...nothing special, but I thought it was pretty cool that they covered "War Pigs".

I also just saw Cruefest, and it was just ok...especially after the good time I had coming off Virgin Mobile Fest the week before.
zjaypo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote zjaypo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2009 at 8:36am
I saw Ray LaMontagne about 2 months ago in Cleveland. Also, Jonny Lang will be in Columbus on the 25th and I am trying to go to that as well. That cat can melt faces with his solo work!
Where is the SNOOOOOOOOW?!?!?!?!
Mcpullish View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Mcpullish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2009 at 8:41am
Originally posted by bsimon2

Sonic Youth played in St. Louis...under the Arch...for free on Friday night. 
That's awesome, I would love to see them again, I saw them at coachella a few years back and they were still good live. I recently went to fyf fest this last saturday, really fun outdoor venue with 3 stages and a ton of bands.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>