Post Reply: Jesus Christ
|Topic: Jesus Christ
Posted: Jun/30/2015 at 10:28pm By sgreen
Your list of reasons for keeping the Saturday sabbath:
1. It's clear (in Mk 2) that keeping the commandments is directly related to salvation, and keeping the sabbath is one of the 10 Commandments.
2. We shouldn't think some Roman emperor, who stopped worshiping on the Sabbath a few centuries later, thereby removing the Lord from the sabbath, knew better than Jesus and the Apostles.
3. You agree, without grace, there is no salvation. There is also no faith without works. You would think part of "obedience" is obeying the 10 Commandments.
4. It's not legalistic.
5. All God wants from us with regard to the sabbath is to remember it and keep it holy.
6. Jesus and the Apostles kept the sabbath, so why not us?
7. Jesus never only said that they're saved by grace. No, Jesus always tells
them some things they must do. And this includes keeping the
8. The Bible doesn't say we just have to keep the sabbath in our hearts.
9. The Bible doesn't say we can stop keeping the sabbath.
10. The Bible doesn't tell us to start going to church on Sundays.
11. Sunday worship is just taking the freedom and liberty of interpreting the Bible a little too far to suit our own needs and desires.
12. Faith without works is dead. And the work we do is by obeying God's commands, just like the patriarchs.
13. We have faith that God's commands are real, so we show our faith by following those commands.
14. Only those that does the will of God (Saturday sabbath) shall enter the kingdom of heaven. If we don't do His will (keep the sabbath on Saturday), but follow our own (Sunday sabbath), then we are those that practice lawlessness. What is God's will from the beginning? Obedience (Saturday sabbath).20. Keeping the sabbath on Saturday is EASY!
15. If you truly repent, then you will not continue to sin. But, continuing to ignore the 10 commandments that were handwritten by God = not obeying = sin = spiritual death = hell.
16. The 10 Commandments NEED to be followed. God wrote them Himself, in stone...
17. Many Christians today focus on love and neglect the commandments.
18. Sunday worship instead of Saturday is almost like a dad specifically asked for hot dogs for Father's Day, and got something else.
19. You really don't understand how so many preachers/pastors reading the Bible would ignore the the 4th commandment to keep the Sabbath and just hold services on Sunday.
I've tried to list them chronologically. Let me know if I've missed anything.