The third annual Sierrapalooza community gathering went off as a huge success this past weekend (April 16-18, 2010) at Sugar Bowl resort on Donner Summit.
Over 70 Sierra Snowboard staff and community members packed the old Lodge at Sugar Bowl Friday and Saturday nights, with Saturday and Sunday devoted to shredding the epic spring conditions that were found on the hill.
In addition, another 30+ local staff and community members stopped by for at least some of the weekend, making 2010’s Sierrapalooza even bigger and better than years past.
While nobody was in the right state of mind to accurately keep track of these kinds of things, it was estimated that:
• Over 100 gallons of beer were consumed during the course of the weekend. (Including some delicious “Extra Sierra Bitter” brewed by the fine folks at Jackpot Brewing Co. out of Battleground, Wash.)
• Over 100 unicorn stickers were applied to designated beer cups thanks to Jigglypuff.
• One leopard-print snuggie was appreciated by all. (Shaka most of all.)
• Thousands of new friendships were made, and hundreds of online-only friendships were cemented with face-to-face meetings of long-time community members.
• Plenty of beats were dropped thanks to DJ el Ryone Saturday night.
• Sierra brand snowboards were seen everywhere on the hill, and the Sierra crew represented all over the mountain from the terrain park to the frozen crud in between the trees.
• One T3 vertebra was damaged (send Airik a get-well note if you get the chance).
… and so much more.
Thanks everyone for the great memories, and we’ll see you all soon. Happy shredding!
Click the photo below for a slideshow from various cameras on hand for the weekend: